Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 2003 05:03:13 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: optical mouse

Hi Dave, (and list)

I do have an optical mouse working with FreeBSD; I don't know of any
fundamental reason why yours shouldn't work. Mine's also ps/2...

I've never changed out the mouse, so I don't know if there's something else
you have to change, but my XF86Config looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "SysMouse"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection
(I think "PS/2" and "auto" both worked.)
You could also re-enter the config utility via /stand/sysinstall to modify
your X config. (If you go under index, you can also run just the test
interface.)

Peace,
Clayton