Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2000 19:56:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: One final note and a "bite me" to you

On 03-Jan-00 Karl Denninger wrote:
> Just for those of you who think this whole "magical unsubscribe" is
> a "fluke";
>
>       All unsubscribes and subscribes to FreeBSD's lists must be
>       authenticated.  Majordomo is set to confirm all transactions.

It is still possible for Majordomo to screw up by itself.

> Theo was right in splitting off from you folks.  I should have followed
> him a couple of years ago and done my own split.  Now, its simply not
> worth it.

Theo split from NetBSD. Again, further ignorance. I suggest you sit down with a
copy of /usr/share/misc/bsd-family-tree and read a little history that you seem
to have missed.

Besides, with all your commercial "work" to do, what purpose would it serve to
have done your own split?

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>