Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:26:59 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Odd network performance via fxp0

Hello,
 I have an intel ethernet express pro/100 in my FreeBSD 2.2.8 machine using
fxp0.  When I try and perform ftp transfers between that machine and the
other machines on my lan, I have some odd results.
FTP gets perform 5 to 10 times faster then ftp puts.  This isn't just ftp, I
have similar problems with other protocals as well.

An example of sending/receiving several 5mb files turned out with these
numbers.
 To the FreeBSD machine -> ~400KB/sec
 From the FreeBSD machine -> 1100KB/sec

Can anyone give me ideas with this?