Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 18:54:11 -0500
From:      dob@clipper.cb.att.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PANIC: vm_page_free: wire count > 1 (3)panic: vm_page_free: invalid wire count

Happened again during second round of make world...

Except:

1) panic message was

	vm_page_free: wire count > 1 (5)panic: vm_page_free: invalid wire counto

i.e, 5 instead of 3

2) ddb command ``panic'' did not yield a dump, it just hung with

	dump 8

on the screen for ten minutes.  I pushed the big red reset button...

Same stack trace, however.

> Just running ``make world'' and then after a few hours:
>
> PANIC: vm_page_free: wire count > 1 (3)panic: vm_page_free: invalid wire count
>
> trace:
>
> 	_panic
> 	_vm_page_free + 0x1bd
> 	_vm_object_terminate + 0x125
> 	_vm_object_deallocate +0x1a3
> 	_pager_cache + 0x2a
> 	_vm_object_trim + 0x5d
> 	_vm_object_deallocate + 0x168
> 	_vn_vmio_close + 0x30
> 	_vn_close + 0x4c
> 	_vn_closefile + 0x19
> 	_closef + 0x12c
> 	_close + 0x83
> 	_syscall+ 0x195
> 	_Xsyscal + 0x35
> 	---- syscal 6 eip = 0x8064ac5, ebp = 0xefbfbecc

Thanks!

Dan O'Brien
Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs Innovations)
Columbus, Ohio