Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:53:46 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing additional Linux shared objects (was: Re: xview)

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 09:10:22PM +0200, Sebastiaan van Erk wrote:
>
> > and fail anyway. For xview I made temporary versions of these dirs
> > and files (and no, you cannot symlink them because the --root flags
> > does a chroot). It's not nice, so if anyone knows a BETTER way to
> > do this, I'm interested. But xview works.
>
> Uhm, am I the only one who would consider rpm2cpio?

Yes.  The whole point behind using rpm is so that other applications that
depend on the rpm database being accurate have one to work with.  (eg.
installing other stuff)

It *should* be possible to install a Linux app using the Linux rpm binary
(this is how most of the linux_lib stuff should be installed, and AFAIK
it is...)