Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 08:04:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE, bpfilter w/CAP problem

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-questions: 28-Nov-95 Re:
2.1.0-RELEASE, bpfilter.. David Greenman@Root.COM (773)

>    As of FreeBSD 2.1, the bpf attach messages are only displayed with the -v
> (verbose) boot option.

> >the bpfilter code is definitely in there, as I get several bpfilter
> >configured error.  Yes, I did copy in the new kernel source :).

>    Hmmm. It should work...

OK, well, I don't know quite what it was, but suddenly it started
working when you said "Hmmm. It should work..." therefore I no longer
have a problem.  ah well.  Some of the things I tried were deleting the
bpf/bpfilter /dev entries and recreating, etc.  It may just have been a
fluke, and unless it ceases working, I'll leave it be.

On thing I did note that was weird in my upgrade was this..  Under
FreeBSD 2.0.5, the following resolv.conf worked:
--
domain  watson.org
nameserver      127.0.0.1

Under 2.1.0, the searchlist entry had to be changed manually to search
-- whether this was just a change in the resolve code, an error in my
previous file, or whatever, I don't know..

----
    Robert Watson (rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu) * Double major: IDS/CS * H&SS
          http://www.watson.org/	robert@fledge.watson.org