Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:30:35 -0400
From:      "jason" <jasonc@concentric.net>
To:        "Nathan Mace" <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Missing Operating System

For the record:
I solved the problem by using Dangerously Dedicated when partitioning the
drive.  I stumbled upon a message in which someone asked where the
dangerously dedicated option went that happened to be just below my message
when I sorted the 3000+ messages in my email program by subject.  It spoke
of using an undocumented "F" command to set the drive as "Dangerously
Dedicated"

When I used Dangerously Dedicated option I found there was no dialog asking
for the type of MBR or bootloader to use.  And upon reboot the system works
great.

I would thank the author of the other message but I cleaned out my freebsd
folder in my email program before I knew it was the key to my problems.

Thanks
Jason Cribbins
MGM Communications LLC