Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:53:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        o.greve@axis.nl (Olaf Greve)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD basic tool differences with Red Hat Enterprise 3

Hi,

> Hi all,
> Today over here a rather fancy server was delivered on which in little
> time I have to set-up several packages, such that the machine becomes a
> web server for an intranet application.
>
> Now... Though basically most Unixes are heavily similar, I unfortunately
> find myself with very little time to get into the specifics on Red Hat.
>
> I will quickly start doing some RTFM-ing, but I'm hoping anyone on this
> list has some experience with this particular Unix, and can perhaps give
> me some quick pointers on the following (and later perhaps on some other
> things as well):

One wonders why you would address a question about Red Hat LINUX to
the FreeBSD Questions list.   LINUX, as you must know, is not FreeBSD
or any BSD as far as that goes.

Now, there are many smart and diversified folk on this list and
someone may well respond, but I would think that if you want LINUX
information, you would ask on a LINUX list.

On the other hand, why would you want to use Red Hat for a web server
when you could use FreeBSD and get what you want and happily ask lots
of questions on the FreeBSD Questions list - and probably get good
and helpful responses.    As far as I know, FreeBSD is the happy choice
when it comes to web servers.

////jerry