Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:52:28 +1000
From:      John Nicholls <john@thinlinx.com>
To:        Damjan Marion <damjan.marion@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beagleboard stuff

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 23:38 +0200, Damjan Marion wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Everyone,

Yohanes Nugroho <yohanes@gmail.com> is working on a FreeBSD Kernel for
the BeagleBoardXM

To help speed up Kernel development I sent Yohanes a new version of
u-boot that uses the USB device to transfer the Kernel

>> I just had the time to test it, and I can load freebsd kernel.
>
> Fantastic, that will save a bit of time, how many seconds does it take
> to load?

About 2 seconds. It saves a lot from about 150 seconds using serial
port.

If anybody wants a copy of the u-boot binary and the instructions to use
it just email me.

We can't use tftp from u-boot as there is no u-boot support on the
BeafleboardXM for the combo USB Host / Ethernet chip...

Regards,

John