Date:      Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:00:09 +0800
From:      Rong-En Fan <grafan@gmail.com>
To:        Alexander Markov <proforg@tic-tac.ru>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM xSeries 335 and FreeBSD 5 STABLE. SMP problem

On 7/14/05, Alexander Markov <proforg@tic-tac.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>=20
> I've got IBM xseries 335 with FreeBSD 5.4 installed, which hangs during b=
oot without panic. If I boot it with hint.apic.0.disabled=3D"1" - everythin=
g is ok, except the fact, that only one CPU is detected (from two ones). I =
tried kernels with SMP and without SMP - nothing changed, booting with apic=
 kills OS.
>=20
> Please look at boot log below. It seems like mounting / from LSILogic 103=
0 Ultra4 Adapter (da0 over mpt0) results in hang.
>=20
> Cvsuping to STABLE gave no effect :-(
> If any information or tests are required, I'd be glad to provide it.

Hello,

If you unload kernel and load it again at boot manually, can 335 boot?
I have one 336 with 5.4 that must use this trick to boot, otherwise
it hangs after ipfw2 initialized. On the other hand, I have 3 335 installed=
=20
with 5.4 running SMP smoothly.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan