Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 15:58:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Possibility?

> > sd1 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <iomega, jaz 1GB, G.60> SCSI2 0/direct removable
> > sd1: sd1(ncr0:1:0): FAST SCSI-2 100ns (10 Mb/sec) offset 8.
> > 1021MB, 1021 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sec
>
> Ah, i thought it has two disks and four heads?

It has a fictitious geometry.  It can be used by DOS, remember, just
like other SCSO devices.  Luckily log2(4) does not result in a
fractional component, so no space is lost.

> > This doesn't keep it from working, it just pisses me off a bit.  The
> > fix is obvious from a casual examination of the OpenBSD SCSI code.
>
> Hmm, if you've already done it, why don't you post the diff here?

I've casually examined the code differences, and noted the change.

I haven't patched my FreeBSD because, frankly, I can't mount the
OpenBSD disk to have both files up at once because of the disklabel
differences (which are gratuitous, as far as I can tell).  Further,
it's not worth carrying in my tape drive with my broken back to do
a tape transfer (it weighs more than a phonebook, my medically advised
lifting limit), and I don't have the space on my FreeBSD disks
nor want to waste the time for a 4 hour anoncvs download of the OpenBSD
tree to my FreeBSD disks.

Anyway, the core team is supposed to consider BSD4.4 source bases
other than FreeBSD and incorporate useful changes without my help.
I have enough problems keeping my own patches up to date against
-current and keeping my porting bases up to date minus the i386
machine dependencies of -current.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org