Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 13:33:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "System Admin." <pe@student.lssu.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   serail port console

Hello All,
	I just successfully installed 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD/Alpha into my
AlphaServer 400 4/233. Now I have little problem. My server doesn't have
video card so I have DEC terminal connected to the serial 1 on the server.
When the server boots up I can see all the messages up until it said:

Initial rc.alpha initialization:.
rc.alpha configuring syscons: blank_time/etc/rc.alpha: cannot open
/dev/ttyv0: no such device or address.

Local package initialization:.
Sun Mar 28 18:18:49 EST 1999

Then that's about it. It didn't go to the login prompt on the console but
I can telnet in and do everything I wanted to. How can I fix this problem?
I want to be able to login from console also.

TIA

pe'

UNIX System Admin.
Distributed Computing Services