Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:56:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Robert Swindells <swindellsr@genrad.co.uk>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        pfg1+@pitt.edu, dbutter@wireless.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StrongARM support?

>In message <3A3814AD.6AE6E213@pitt.edu> "Pedro F. Giffuni" writes:
>: There was somone looking at the NetBSD code with hungry eyes but I
>: never heard anything more... check the archives.

>Last I heard, only the MIPS based PDAs were supported by
>NetBSD/hpcmips.  I know that there are some efforts to make things run
>on sh3 machines and there's been talk about the arm as well, but I
>don't think they have been committed to the tree just yet.

NetBSD/hpcmips takes a different approach to NetBSD/arm32 in that it
loads on top of WinCE.

As far as I can tell, the hpcmips kernel reuses the WinCE MMU
translations; all the arm32 ones rely on a bootloader to map RAM
to 0xf0000000.

I mainly want the NetBSD SA-11x0 port to work on our own hardware
where I can just put a different image into flash, so I am not looking
at supporting loading on top of WinCE.

So far, nothing has been committed to the tree.

Robert Swindells