Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 22:50:57 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to configure sendmail out?

On Sun, Dec 27, 1998 at 01:33:11PM +0200, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 1998 at 08:42:06PM +0300, "Andrey M. Fedorov" <root@kolasc.net.ru> wrote:
>
> > My server receives and transmits all mail via SMTP. But some of my users
> > want to get their mail via UUCP.
> > I can`t understand how to redirect incoming mail for these UUCP-users to
> > them and how to redirect their uucp-mail to mque.
> > Help me, pleaze!
>
> I found Linux HowTo's quite helpful if questions stand in the general
> unix area. You should try relevant UUCP HowTo, I haven't read that
> but maybe it makes sense for you.

unless it has changes, the klast time i looked att eh linux uucp how two was
over six months a go ... it said and i quote "to get uucp up and working, get
a working  version of teh uucp configuration from a site that has it setup and
working"

ok, my memory might be a bit jangled, but the above is a very accurate
paraphrase. it has been like that for fours years that i can remember.

check out teh complete freebsd book .. it has a chapter on uucp. modems and
slip and how to get it started and working. ian taylor, (teh author of taylor
uucp) has some decent documentaion witht teh uucp package. it is a bit
technical and assumes you know .. but that with greg lehey's book (teh
complete freebsd ed2) should get you off teh ground.

regards

jonathan .. 6 year uucp veteren, but not used last 1 year and bit so i'm rusty.