Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:46:09 +0100
From:      "InvictaNet Customer Support" <martyn@support.invictanet.co.uk>
To:        "Patrick Kelso" <lujan@zgeek.com>
Cc:        "Freebsd-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Port forwarding recommendations?

My point in mentioning Smoothwall is that I don't like re-inventing wheels.
I know one can setup FreeBSD as a firewall and painstakingly create all the
necesary rulesets but with Smoothwall, all of the hard work is already done
for you and you only need to administer the box by a well designed and easy
to use web interface.

I think Smoothwall is worth a look, even if you end up creating the same
thing in FreeBSD - Now there's a thought?

Martyn Routley
InvictaNet - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
http://www.invictanet.co.uk
info@invictanet.co.uk
phone: 08707 440180
fax: 08707 440181

Please Note:
All services are provided on the basis that they are
business to business and that the
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
do not apply.