Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:16:18 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ntp servers?

I can't seem to figure out why the method I have always used until now
doesn't work. I have a laptop, so it doesn't make sense to run a
time-keeping daemon, does it?  I used to just su to root and run ntpdate
every once in a while, with the name of one of the servers on the list.  Now
I keep getting the 'no suitable server for syncronization found' or
something similar.  Has the behavior of ntpdate changed without me realizing
it?  I didn't want to go through the trouble of lots of config files since
my system is not up all the time, and this method had always worked before.

jcm
--
"That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." -President Bill Clinton

"I don't know what you mean by the word 'ask.'" -CEO Bill Gates