Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 1995 11:26:57 -0500
From:      dcarter@inmar-inc.com (Carter, David)
To:        nate@sneazy.sri.com ('nate@sneazy.sri.com')
Cc:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net ('nate@trout.sri.MT.net'), questions@freebsd.org ('questions@freebsd.org')
Subject:   FreeBSD, Thinkpad, and TPAD.flp

Hi Nate!

I wanted to say thanks for putting the above-mentioned file out on the
'net. I found it through the *BSD newsgroup archive.

I'm trying to get FreeBSD 2.0.5 up on my TP 755C. Now that I have your
boot disk, I get _much_ further than I did before -- but now it dies
saying it can't find ROOT.flp on my DOS partition. It's right there in
C:\FREEBSD. Any ideas?

I'd really rather install off of CD, but I haven't had any luck getting
FreeBSD to recognize the SCSI controller & CD-ROM in the TP Dock I. The
controller is Future Domain; I'm not sure who made the drive. Any ideas?

If all else fails, I'm probably going to track down a desktop machine to
install to, and then build my own customized TPAD kernel. Can you point
me to step-by-step info on how to do this?

Lastly, how's the fishing out in God's country this time of year? I'm a
novice trout fisherman, and get out as far west as Colorado to fish the
Blue River with my father-in-law once or twice a year. I've just moved to
North Carolina, and am told there is some good stream fishing up in the
Appalachians, but I haven't gotten out yet.

Thanks for any & all assistance you can offer!

 ---
D. David Carter, Director of Systems Architecture
Inmar Enterprises, Inc., Winston-Salem, NC
dcarter@inmar-inc.com