Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:37:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Streiner, Justin" <streiner@stargate.net>
To:        xfree86@xfree86.org
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   nothing getting written to XFree86.0.log

This is on a freebsd 5.2.1 installation with xfree86 4.3.0.

I have a Matrox G450 PCI card in my machine and I'm trying to at least get
xfree86 up and running.  At this point, absolutely nothing is getting
written to /var/log/XFree86.0.log when I run xinit.  During the process of
starting X, the whole machine will lock up (console, remote sessions,
everything) which requires a power-cycle to fix.

Along similar lines...

Matrox has a utility called "powerdesk" which is supposed to help create a
more usable xfree86 config for their video cards, however getting this to
compile under freebsd 5.2.1 has been an adventure so far.  Has anyone
gotten this to build cleanly under freebsd 5.2.1?

jms