Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:00:32 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Thomas Foster" <tbonius@comcast.net>, "Ken Hawkins" <rosewoodblues@mac.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: apache13_modssl + mod_php4 + php4-extenstions+mysql323-*+myphpadmin = ...

I can assure you that you don't.

> you would not be able to enable/disable certain features without it..

That is probably true - but that doesen't mean you need it.

> I installed PHP 4.3.10 from ports today on another machine to
> check what
> youre saying.. and the PHP.ini was placed in /usr/local/etc/..

It shouldn't have been - the php installation always places php.ini-dist
there, it's up to you to modify it and rename it php.ini  Your other
machine probably wan't a clean install.

I can tell you that the system I have Horde/IMP running on right
now has no /usr/local/etc/php.ini file in it yet php is picking
up the horde include_path from somewhere.

> so I am not
> sure what youre running into

Neither am I.  I was always used to having to modify php.ini in the
past on previous horde/IMP installs.

Ted