Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2009 07:57:46 -0600
From:      "Charles Howse" <chowse@charter.net>
To:        "'FreeBSD-Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gnome desktop for 5 y/o

Hi,
I have a 6.4-STABLE machine running in command line only for my Apache
webserver.
I'm thinking of installing a Gnome desktop on it for my 5 y/o grandson and
grown daughter to use so they won't be pestering me to use my pc.

The 5 y/o won't need anything except Firefox, some disk-based games and
Parental Controls.
For the Parental Controls, I need to limit the websites he can visit, and
the time of day he can use the computer.

The daughter will only need Firefox and a decent word processor.

The computer is a P3 600, 256mb ram, ATI 3D Rage IIc video, plenty of disk
space.

Will Gnome2 or gnome-lite be faster?

What is available for Parental Controls?

Should I forget it because it will be too slow based on the machine's
hardware?

--
Later,
Charles