Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:01:37 -0600
From:      Mark Hoffman <hoffman7@bouldernews.infi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel make errors

When I compiled to use an Intel Etherexpress 16 network card, I added
the line to my kernel config file just like the handbook says. When I
compiled it, I got the error:

ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_ixdriver' referneced from data segment
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_ixintr' referenced from data segment

Also, when I tried to compile in support for my Soundblaster 16, I got
similar errors for something related to midi. Unfortunately, I didn't
write these down.

If you can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mark