Date:      Tue, 03 Aug 1999 14:48:14 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple versions of FreeBSD on one HDD

> This works, but has the restriction that I have to enter a command line
> at the boot prompt to boot one of the two. I would much prefer
> partitions, as I can use a boot selector instead, and also change the
> default as appropriate.

If you do have the installations in two seperate slices on the one disk,
you should be able to use a boot selector to boot which ever slice you
want.

I don't know if this will work with booteasy the boot manager that comes
with FreeBSD by default, but there is a nice boot manager called
OS Select (tools/os-bs.exe in the FreeBSD distribution I think)..

(the setup program is an MSDOS exe)
It allows you to create a menu of OS's to boot from by selecting the
relevant
slices from the list it shows. It also allows you to set a default slice
boot aswell as a timeout counter.

Whether it will work or not in your situation remains to be seen.. :)

Regards,
- Cillian