Date:      Tue, 07 May 1996 12:29:36 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Home networks (or 10Base-T ways to annoy your spouse)

Matthew Jason White <mwhite+@CMU.EDU> wrote:

> I missed the original, but why not use 10Base2?  Really, the cable cost
> isn't that high, more than made up for by not needing a hub.

     For "home networks", 10BT is easier to wire.  Right now, I'm using
10B2, and I'm thinking about switching to 10BT, as routing coax from
room to room is a real pain (e.g., you need two jacks per room, and
there's more wire to route).

     It is cheap, though.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.