Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 14:41:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Lee <nugundam@best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridging question

Hi, I'm curious as to how I can get my freebsd firewall/gateway to act as
a transparent router also.

I have a 192.168.* behind the firewall currently using divert
sockets, natd, et al.  I have a few free differing subnet IPs assigned
by @Home, and would like to use these real IPs behind the firewall.

I do need to use real IPs because somebody else is paying to use them
behind the firewall.

I have played through natd, ipfw, and bridge, but I haven't be able to get
the transparent proxying working at all on 3.2-stable for these real IPs.

Turning on bridging panics the kernel everytime the machine with the real IP
on the inside tries to connect out.  I can try to get more debugging info
out as necessary.

Any ideas how I should be setting things up?

Thanks,
Joseph