Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:35:41 GMT
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get amd to use /sbin/mount_null for host=localhost ?

Hi all,
I'm stuck trying to figure out an amd.map to invoke
/sbin/mount_null by hand, (no problem with the normal nfs).

I have a bunch of machines that use AMD to access one large pseudo-common tree
containing, to give a simplified example:
	/usr/public/3.2/src --> /host/flip/usr/src
			obj ... ports ... packages etc .....
	/usr/public/3.3/src --> /host/park/usr/src

Problem is sometimes when I'm already on EG host park, & a shell script
descends into a tree it ends up automounting
	/a/park/usr/src
which is pretty silly & inefficient as in this particular case, a straight
	/usr/src
on park would do, (but the scripts are designed to run equally on all machines,
so building in local host awareness is precisely what I do Not want to do).

What I want is an /etc/amd.map that would achieve this (EG for host park):
  /host/park		causes mount_null of park:/ on /a/park
  /host/wall		causes mount_nfs of wall:/ on /a/wall
  /host/a.n.other.host	causes mount_nfs of other.host:/ on /a/other.host:/

Please can someone suggest an appropriate amd.map syntax to me ?

PS what I'm using now, that nfs mounts everything, even local host, is
rc.conf:
	amd -p -k i386 -l syslog /host /etc/amd.map
mad.map:
	/defaults       type:=host;fs:=${autodir}/${rhost};rhost:=${key}
	*               opts:=rw,grpid,resvport,nfsv2,nosuid,nodev

Julian H. Stacey			http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/
   FreeBSD: Free system software with 2500 free packages, Linux compatible.
   British government wants to criminalise privacy via encryption: