Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:43:35 +0000
From:      Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
To:        Herve Quiroz <hq@freebsd.org>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Azureus port skeleton for testing

--=-JQ9knkFrTdmK4XBFyitP

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 13:50, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> First, the Makefile itself:
>=20
> - A quick portlint give me the following output:
>=20
>     WARN: Makefile: "EXTRACT_ONLY" has to appear earlier.
>     WARN: Makefile: "DISTFILES" has to appear earlier.
>     WARN: Makefile: "EXTRACT_ONLY" has to appear earlier.
>     0 fatal errors and 3 warnings found.

portlint and I have never gotten along well together, until now.

> - It is generally not a good idea to install JAR files in ${PREFIX}/bin.
>   As suggested in [1], a Java application should install its data files
>   (such as its JAR files) in an overriden ${DATADIR} which is set to
>   ${JAVASHAREDIR}/${PORTNAME}.

Ok.

> Second, looking at your shell script in files/, there are some things
> you may improve:
>=20
> - Too many paths are hardcoded. You may use %%PREFIX%% for instance and
>   perform some sed magic in 'do-configure' target. Don't forget to
>   differenciate ${PREFIX} (for everything related to the current port)
>   and ${LOCALBASE} (for everything else, such as Eclipse stuff).
>=20
> - The same goes for the path of the 'java' executable. You could rather
>   use the same kind of sed magic to replace %%JAVA%% with ${JAVA}.
>=20

Yes, I know there are a lot of hard coded values in the script, I even
said as much in my email to the list. The new version of the port that I
just uploaded (10:30 EST Thursday) should be better, and should allow
the use of the motif SWT. I'll test the motif SWT during the weekend.

> That said, this is just a quick review as I don't have enough time ATM.
> If nobody else handles this port by the next days, I will probably
> handle this myself. In such a case, you may send a PR and CC me. We're
> still under ports CVS tree freeze ATM, so there's no hurry here.
>=20
> Herve

I'll create the PR when I'm satisfied with the port. I think the
currently available version is Pretty Damn Close To Done (TM).

--=20
Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>

--=-JQ9knkFrTdmK4XBFyitP

--=-JQ9knkFrTdmK4XBFyitP--