Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:12:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James E. Flemer" <jflemer@acm.jhu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <alane@geeksrus.net>, <kris@obsecurity.org>, <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Subject:   libtool upgrade

FreeBSD 5.0 is out, code freeze for 4.8 is looming, libtool
remains at 1.3.x.  I saw Alan's note about being (mostly)
unavailable for the next two months.  I would like to see
the libtool upgrade to go through before 4.8 too.  I do not
really care which (if any) of the offered patches are used
to start from, but I'd like to point at mine again to
hopefully get things moving.

http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~flemej/freebsd/libtool-upgrade/

I tried to make sure as many ports as possible would keep
working, but there's bound to be some failures.  There was
a little discussion about this patch on the list a little
while ago (subj: "libtool 1.3 and 1.4").

Let me know what else I can do to help.

-James