Date:      Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:37:42 -0700
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        pav@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk,v 1.517 2005/09/15 12:24:33 question

On Sunday 25 September 2005 16:37, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Michael C. Shultz p=C3=AD=C5=A1e v ne 25. 09. 2005 v 15:59 -0700:
> > Is it possible/desirable to modify bsd.port.mk so that
> > ports marked IGNORE or BROKEN exit with an error
> > code, like "make check-conflicts" does if there is a conflict?
> >
> > Right now there is a problem with sysutils/portmanager
> > not properly handling ports marked BROKEN because
> > make seems to exit with no error.  I could add parsing
> > Makefiles for the term "BROKEN" to portmanager, but that
> > seems a shame, because untill now portmanager has never
> > needed to snoop the insides of Makefiles.
>
> what about running "make -V BROKEN" ?

That still seems to return no error code.

I'm no perl programmer, but I tried adding this to
bsd.port.mk just below check-conflicts:

=2Eif !target(check-broken)
check-broken:
=2Eif defined(BROKEN)
        ${ECHO_MSG}; \
        ${ECHO_MSG} "=3D=3D=3D=3D> ${PKGNAME} marked broken"; \
        exit 1
=2Eendif
=2Eendif

It works for my purposes, but I've never tried submitting anything on the=20
ports infrastructure, do you think this would fly?  It sure would make my=20
life easier, because all I would have to do is test "make check-broken"=20
target.

=2DMike