Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:04:12 -0500
From:      Al Johnson <Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net>
To:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Latest "stable"

I've been using cvsup to keep my sources up to date, actually to a couple
different versions.  Using "." as the release yields a source that won't
compile with the following error:
cc -O -DLIBC_SCCS -I/sys -c /usr/local/src/lib/libkvm.c -o kvm.o
In file included from /sys/sys/time.h:118,
                 from /sys/sys/user.h:44,
                 from /usr/local/src/lib/libkvm.c:43:
/usr/include/time.h:92 redifinition of 'struct timespec'

I used to be a programmer but that was more than 10 years ago so I don't feel
real confident diving into this.  So this may be a FYI for you regulars.

What I'm really after is: What is the best cvsup release to grab hold of
to keep current.  I see references to 3.0 but nothing in the cvsup docs
or example config files refers to this, unless of course it's ".".

 -- Al