Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:50:47 -0500
From:      FreeBSD <freebsd@isni.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   antivirus with sendmail on FreeBSD

Hello,

I currently run FreeBSD for my mail server. I also run sendmail 8.11.0
with procmail for the local mailer.

I currently have a procmail recipe that filters out certain specific
filenames, which I update often due to the new virus attachments going
around.  It works rather well,  but is not foolproof, and can be time
consuming.

My question is this:
Has anyone setup an AV system with sendmail on FreeBSD?
I'm thinking along the lines of having the local mailer unencode all
attachments, and handing the files off to an AV program for a full
scan,  before writing the email to the users mail spool.

If you have any comments, suggestions, advice,  or URLS..   I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff P.
jeff@isni.net