Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 14:41:47 -0400
From:      Spamoff <Spamoff@tampabay.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WindowMaker error from package following wmaker.inst

Obviously, I'm wondering what to do next.

Anyone want to give me some advice.

1)   Do I use pkg_add to add the library

2)   Do I use tar xzvf to add the library.

3)   Can I just get it and put it in /usr/libexec.

Thats' ignoring the question of why it wasn't installed from the 3.1 CD's when I
put the system in.

Where is  'Guru Greg Lehey'  when you want him.

It looks like a transition problem in going from a.out to elf and not all the libs
being installed properly. A similar situation is presently being enjoyed  by the
Linux community where they are  'having fun ;  '   mixing glib5, glib6 and glibc2
programmes....sigh.

Yes, I know a little, but not a lot. Everything seems to be changing very fast in
ALL the freenix communities and it seems the changes a tripping a lot of people
up.

I'd appreciate some advice or a pointer so I can move on.

Regards...Martin

Oh. P242 of the book ref

cat /cdrom/dists/src/sys.* | tar xzvf -

Also fails. Stuff has been changed from looking at that location. This is on an
old 486 i decided to put 3.1 on as well. Wanted to rebuild the kernal. Failed.
Where to go now ?