Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 00:54:04 +0900 (JST)
From:      SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, trevor@jpj.net, girgen@partitur.se, obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        lioux@uol.com.br, sada@bsdclub.org
Subject:   Kill Netscape us ports and version 4.08. (was Re: Netscape browsers us versions avail. abroad)

Netscape ports users and maintainers,

I'm planning to use c/n-v474-us.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar.gz
as distfiles of www/netscape47-c/n ports.
In other words, Netscape us ports would be removed.

Also I'm planning to remove Netscape-4.08 ports and make
www/netscape47-c as MASTERDIR. Anyone needs those ports today ?

Arguments are welcome.

In article <Pine.BSI.4.21.0007222157090.25361-100000@blues.jpj.net>
trevor@jpj.net writes:

>> This morning, I sent in an update
>> (http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=20109) for the
>> bsdi-netscape47-communicator.us and bsdi-netscape47-navigator.us ports.

Have you nominated me to be in charge of that PR ? (so I'm proud of it :)

>> It looks like Netscape/AOL has decided to only provide 128-bit SSL with
>> the new version.  However, people in a few countries--Cuba, Libya, the
>> Sudan, North Korea, Serbia, and probably some I forgot--are asked not to
>> download it.  If I were them, I doubt that I'd be keen on using anything
>> from the USA, or that I'd care about consequences for Netscape/AOL.
>> However, if someone gives me something with conditions attached, and I
>> promise to abide by the conditions, I feel better when I don't break my
>> word.  I don't mind doing a little work to maintain the 40-bit Netscape
>> ports, for honest users in those places.

Are you saying that we need www/netscape473-c/n and/or something ?