Date:      Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:02:36 +0100
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Tomas Verbaitis <tomasv@megalogika.lt>
Cc:        liukang@bjut.edu.cn, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Tomcat 5.5 startup and shutdown.. again

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:00:12AM +0300, Tomas Verbaitis wrote:
> I still think my proposed change still should be applied as it at least
> gets the default situation right, when both tomcat55ctl and rcNG script
> refer to the same JVM. The "administrative" approach to this problem
> would be only to put a warning near the place where
> jakarta_tomcat%%TOMCAT_VERSION%%_java_home is defined. "Technically" i
> aggree that it's better to get rid of tomcat55ctl as a program, no
> matter how convenient and usual it was.

We now have reached the timeout for maintainer feedback on this topic. I
was about to commit your suggested changes and then, after reading your
message I was wondering whether this could be the right time to get rid
of tomcat55ctl.

So I ask tomcat users from this list for feedback. I would like to find
out how often is tomcatXXctl used rather than the rc(8) script. After a
short survey in my surroundings it seems like everybody uses the rc(8)
script and thus removing tomcatXXctl would bring no harm now that rcNG
script no longer uses tomcatXXctl...

Herve