Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:49:02 -0600
From:      "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@softhome.net>
To:        John Rieser <jjr@grauel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unknown cards in dmesg:

John,

You're going to have to live without the modem... as far as I know,
there are licensing restrictions on the internal modem driver bits and
there is no unix support for it whatsoever.

The Maestro-3 should already be supported.  You might need to add

	snd_maestro3_load="YES"         # ess maestro-3 pci

to your /boot/loader.conf.  You might also need

	device pcm

in your kernel config (I can't remember if it's needed or not, but I
have it defined).

No idea on the Firewire stuff, sorry.

	-jan-
--