Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:22:25 +0200
From:      Chris Larsen <darth@vader.dk>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:    NOTICE: [CERT Advisory CA-2003-21 GNU Project FTP Server Compromise]

--a8sldprk+5E/pDEv

--Y+xroYBkGM9OatJL

Hi All

As many may have noticed the GNU Project's FTP server had been compromised =
as
outlined in this CERT advisory[1].

I felt the urge to quickly hack together a small perl script to check my
distfiles against the published md5 sums from FSF.

Using this file as reference: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/before-2003-08-01.md5sums.a=
sc
(Check and Verify the PGP signature ![1])

[1] Full CERT advisory : http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2003-21.html

-*-*-*-

Attached is a gzipped perl program to check ports/distfiles GNU archives
against the above file and indicate OK or WARNING status.

This script is provided in hope that people may find it useful.

PS: I know already now it has some shortcommings and is not fully regression
tested, but it fullfilled my purposes.

--=20
Chris Larsen

"Make something idiot proof,
 and someone will invent a better idiot."

--Y+xroYBkGM9OatJL--

--a8sldprk+5E/pDEv

--a8sldprk+5E/pDEv--