Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:27:37 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
Cc:        Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>, "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video capture

> > There also appears to be a SCSI bus chip on the board at the
> > "other end" near a SCSI bus pin out:
> >
> >     ZILOG
> >     Z0538010VSC
> >     SCSI
> >     9411  L4

This is indeed a 5380 kind of chip.  The nca driver may or may not
work with it, we need more data to be able to tell.
You will probably have to disassemble a dos-driver for it to find out.

> well... this is a scsi chip... and you could probablly find a driver for
> it, if you don't have one, from Media Vision as the Tslcd.sys or
> something like that...  I have a PAS+ that uses this chip (exact same
> excent the last line is 9151  GP, most likely when the chip was
> manufactured)...

If the tslcd.sys works, then the nca driver will too I belive.

> while we're talking about this chip... do you guys know if it is
> compatible with the nca0 driver?  I've tried it with out success... of
> course I haven't tried any thing else but the default values for it...
should be, modulus the hardware around it :-)

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.