Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2015 09:30:59 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Subject:   Re: Recommended PCIe Wireless Card for FBSD as Access Point

On 24 January 2015 at 03:47, Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de> wrote:
> The micro server has a free empty PCIe2 x16(8,4,1) slot. I want to mount =
>> PCIe wireless card into this slot and add Access Point as an extra servi=
ce
>> to this machine. I'm aware of chapter 31.3.6. with title FreeBSD Host
>> Access Points out of the FreeBSD handbook. So next to fit into the slot =
and
>> to be supported by FreeBSD 10+ generally, the card should also be able t=
>> support HOSTAP.
>>
>> Can someone recommend me a wireless card that would fulfill the
>> requirements? I would very much appreciate your advice.
>
> I haven=E2=80=99t tried it in AP mode, but I=E2=80=99m otherwise very hap=
py with the TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCIe card (168c:002d, AR9227, about 14 Euros=
).  TP-Link seems to use Atheros chips predominantly, so it=E2=80=99s alway=
s a good bet.

Ugh, can someone please keep hitting me (gently) until I commit
something to force a full reset after the NF calibration fails?

That'll work around the issues in hostap mode with the AR9227/AR9287
going deaf.. :(

Thanks,

-a