Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:04:52 -0600
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Convert PDF to Excel

On 1/22/21 10:45 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> I have a situation where I'd like to convert PDF to XLSX.
> The documents are 35MB and 105MB but contain several thousand pages.
>
> Does anyone know a good tool that can handle this?
>
> Thanks

Assuming you are dealing with pure text, 'tesseract' will convert a PDF to
text.  Thereafter you can tab or comma delimit the output as needed to
import into Excel.

You may also be able to read a PDF into either Google Docs or Word and write
it out as a Sheets or Excel file, but I've not tried this.
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com