Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:26:46 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        "Barriscale" <snizay@indigo.ie>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp problems!

Excuseme, buty is it PPPD - the kernel module - or PPP, the user level
interface ?

If it's ppp, send us your ppp.conf file and the commend you're using to
start ppp from your command line.

"man ppp" may also help.

At 06:04 PM 4/12/98 -0000, Barriscale wrote:

<excerpt><smaller>I'm having a lot or problems with the pppd on  freebsd
2.2.5. I've been told that there are some problems with it. I can't seem
to dial in my internet service provider. I'm running freebsd on a
standalone  machine at home. When I try to run ppp i get an error message
saying that the  remote system is not in the config file. I can't seem to
find the config file at  all. Is it /dev/cuaa0 (my modem is on sio0 by
the way0 or is the config file  /etc/remote. Thanks for your
<smaller>snizay@indigo.ie</smaller>

</excerpt>