Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:32:59 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Peter Kruit <revox@home.nl>
Cc:        blaz@si.FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nagios-1.0.b5

--FUaywKC54iCcLzqT

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 02:09:33PM +0200, Peter Kruit wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> How come you guys are always 1 version behind on nagios? Because you just=
=20
> update the port to beta 5, while nagios released beta 6 yesterday?
> Just curious :)

I cannot speak for the port maintainer in this case, but there are many
ports for which it is more important to provide a stable, working
application, instead of always rushing to keep up with the newest
version.  Thus, sometimes it takes the port maintainer some time to iron
out the wrinkles in each new version, and to make sure that it really
works, before updating the port which sometimes thousands of people will
use, relying on the fact that the maintainer has done his job well.

Of course, this is just random ranting and generalizing, and may have
nothing at all to do with the port in question :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.

--FUaywKC54iCcLzqT

--FUaywKC54iCcLzqT--