Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 11:55:51 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Florian Baier <Florian.Baier@muenchen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB and RS232

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:48:23PM +0200, Florian Baier wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm searching for a USB to serialRS232 converter which is working with
> FreeBSD (4.5).
> Is the a supported converter (or chip)?

Not for 4.5.  In current the uplcom driver supports the following

           ATEN UC-232A
           BAFO BF-800
           BAFO BF-810
           ELECOM UC-SGT
           IOGEAR UC-232A
           I/O DATA USB-RSAQ
           I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2
           PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03

I'm not 100% sure it's working at this point.  I've got one of the
IOGEAR ones and it hung my machine when I tried to use it, but it's
entierly likely I was doing something wrong and that was right after the
driver was imported (quite a while ago).

-- Brooks

--=20

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--