Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:28:36 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>, FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Important questions regarding the new slice code

> > not, what are the possible repercussions?
> It will update the kernel in that it will splat the new GENERIC one
> right on top.  If the user had heavily customized it, there will
> of course be repercussions.

Ahh, but if they have a custom kernel, then by iplication they have access to
the source and are capable of compiling it (yes I know they could have got
their clued up friends to do it, but sheesh..). So the kernel patches would be
a source level patch. So this case reduces to the source patch one (ie issues
regarding customised files etc)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |