Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:45:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Royce Tidwell <roycet@airmail.net>
To:        Michael Clark <mclark@datsrvr.datsit.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: at commands

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Michael Clark wrote:

> what are the simple at commands necessary to install FreeBSD via the
> internet???
>
> where would I find a summary of these commands and their syntax??
>
> MRC

There is an entire set of AT commands that can usually be found in your
modem's manual.  The following will work on all "hayes-compatible" modems.

ATZ			/* Resets the modem */
AT&F			/* A very basic modem initialization string */
ATDT<phone number>	/* Insert the phone number in the form: 1234567 */
ATH			/* Hangs up the modem */
AT+++			/* Changes from packet to terminal mode */

Your best bet would probably be to type this in the ppp term session:

ATZ
AT&F
ATDT<phone number>

At this point you should see the login prompt from your ISP.  Type your
username and password, ppp should go to packet mode automatically.

Hope this helps,

Royce