Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:55:04 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Peter Landy <100765.3330@CompuServe.COM>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question

Peter Landy wrote:

> An easy question. I have just installed the latest FreeBSD and all seemed well.
> However when I reboot and log in I now only seem to be able to run commands if I
> give them the full path. i.e. /usr/X11R6/bin/startx and then obviously it can't
> find xinit. So I can run /stand/sysinstall but I can't just put in sysinstall.
> Any ideas. Thanks

Welp, I don't run X so I hope I'm not totally off base here.

But Yea, you need to fixup your PATH, Include /usr/X11R6/bin
in it.
I *belive* root dosn't have this intentionally, X should not be
run by root.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848