Date:      Mon, 13 May 2013 16:31:03 -0500
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
To:        Sami Halabi <sodynet1@gmail.com>
Cc:        VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IKEv2/IPSEC "Road Warrior" VPN Tunneling?

On 5/13/2013 9:36 AM, Sami Halabi wrote:
> Please share the confs.
>
> Sami
> On May 13, 2013 5:25 PM, "Karl Denninger" <karl@denninger.net> wrote:

>>> Hi all.

>> also
>> at
>>> First, ipsec-tools is for IKEv1 only, as the subject of the original
>>> mail talks about IKEv2.
>>>
>>> For IKEv1 (with ipsec-tools), the simplest way to do this would be to
>>> create a remote "anonymous" and a sainfo "anonymous" section, with
>>> "generate_policy" set to on: racoon will negociate phase 1 / phase 2,
>>> then will generate SPD entries from peer's proposal.
>>>
>>> Of course, this means that you'll have to trust what your peers will
>>> negociate as traffic endpoints !
>>>
>>> If you have some more time to spend on configuration (recommanded !),
>>> you can specify traffic endpoints for the sainfo section: valid
>>> endpoints (which match the sainfo) negociated by peer will work as
>>> described upper, and other traffic endpoints will not negociate, as
>>> racoon won't find any related sainfo.
>>>

>>> Yvan.
>> "
>>>
>> I have successfully configured StrongSwan for IPSEC/IKEv2 and have it
>> operating both with Windows clients and also with the BlackBerry Z-10.
>> It is fast and works very well; I went for the current source directly
>> rather than the port as I wanted to enable a number of options.
>>
>> If readers believe there's value in posting the "recipe" I used here let
>> me know.
>>
>> --
>> Karl Denninger
>> karl@denninger.net
>> /Cuda Systems LLC/
>

> %SPAMBLOCK-SYS: Matched [@freebsd.org+], message ok

Here's a link to a rather long post on setting it up that I put up on my
blog that pretty much walks through the details.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=220395

The configuration for StrongSwan looks like this:

# ipsec.conf - strongSwan IPsec configuration file

# basic configuration

config setup
# strictcrlpolicy=yes
# uniqueids = no

# Add connections here.

# Sample VPN connections

conn %default
keyingtries=1
keyexchange=ikev2

conn BB10
left=%any
leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
right=%any
rightsourceip=192.168.2.0/24
rightid=my@email.address
rightauth=psk
leftauth=pubkey
leftcert=my-host-certificate.pem
auto=add

conn Win7
left=%any
leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
leftauth=pubkey
leftcert=my-host-certificate.pem
leftid=@my-host-name
right=%any
rightsourceip=192.168.2.0/24
rightauth=eap-mschapv2
rightsendcert=never
eap_identity=%any
rekey=no
dpdaction=clear
dpddelay=300s
auto=add

You must have built StrongSwan with:

$ ./configure --enable-kernel-pfkey --enable-kernel-pfroute
--disable-kernel-netlink --disable-tools --disable-scripts
--with-group=wheel --enable-eap-gtc --enable-xauth-pam
--enable-eap-mschapv2 --enable-md4 --enable-eap-identity

I have both Windows 7 and BlackBerry 10 clients working against this
without problems.

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net