Date:      Sun, 03 Dec 2000 14:23:56 +0000
From:      John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net>
To:        gracchus@inficad.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: FBSD 4.1: First Install: microuptime()???

Tom Snell wrote:

>> > Hi, Jim!  I'd love to send the dmesg output, but since I can't seem =
>> > get to a 'steady' command line, I can't do anything.  I think the =
system
>> > actually boots, because if I hit Ctrl-C a few times, I sometimes get=
>> > CLI prompt, but as soon as I start typing, the "microuptime" lines =
begin
>> > again.  Yet I can see on the mess that is my screen that if I run =
"ls",
>> > for example, I can see the output jumbled in with the output of the
>> > "microuptime" lines.  Let me try and run dmesg, direct it to a file,=
 and
>> > print it  ($> dmesg > /root/dmesg.txt > lpr....might work, might
>> > not....would this be correct syntax in FBSD?)

Try switching to ttyv1 with Alt F2 as the error messages shouldn't show =
up
there.  I've no idea what would be causing the "microuptime" problem =
though.

If you want to send the dmesg output to the list, then you won't need the=
 lpr
part of your line above, just 'dmesg > /root/dmesg.txt' (of course :-))

HTH
John.