Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:40:18 +0200
From:      Alexander Marx <mad-ml@madness.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM ServeRaid - ips driver?

D.Pageau wrote:
> I have a brand new IBM 335 with IDE controller and I have the same
> keyboard problem.  The keyboard is working at bios/bootloader and stop
> to work when freebsd kernel boot.
>
> I get this error "atkbd: unable to set the command byte."
>
> Any clue?

hm .. i'm not sure if this is related,
but we had similar kbd issues with a brnad new x305 and linux 2.5.71.

it just would'nt boot; it always oops'ed just after the keyboard
initialisation ... finally flashing the bios with a newer version from
the ibm page (dated 2003-06-19!) fixed it ..

i know linux != freebsd, but maybe freebsd has the same problem here.

hth,
alex.