Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:06:30 +1000
From:      Scott Aitken <null0@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   compiling and installing new boot blocks

Hi all,
I have a headless server running with the /boot/loader -P command in /boot.config.
I want to increase the serial port speed to 115200, and according to the handbook, I need to modify /etc/make.conf and recompile the bootblocks.
Is it as simple as:
	adding BOOT_COMCONSOLE_SPEED=  115200 to make.conf
	cd /usr/src/sys/i386/boot/biosboot && make && make install
	reboot

TIA,
Scott Aitken