Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:29:03 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   testers wanted: E1 / Nx64 interface card for FreeBSD.

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:29:03 +0100
Sender: phk@critter.freebsd.dk
Bcc: Blind Distribution List: ;

I am working on a driver for a E1/Nx64 interface card for FreeBSD.
The card is PCI bus-mastering, can do 31 HDLC channels, and has a
balanced E1 interface (G.703 120 Ohm).

A T1 version is possible if there is sufficient interest (send me
email!).

The driver exists and performs well, but the framework in the
FreeBSD kernel needs much more work before support for this kind
of stuff can be called "serious".

To further this cause, I am offering the card and driver (binary)
for USD1100 (or DKR7000) to any interested and qualified testers.

The majority of the profit from this sale will go into improving
the FreeBSD kernels support for serial line routing use, a minor
part of the profit will go into making sure my family don't starve
in the meantime.

The card is currently NOT approved for connection to any networks
anywhere, so use it only where you are allowed to (by applicable
rules and/or morals).

If there is sufficient interest, I will also be interested in
finding a company who can produce and possibly market these cards
for me.  I don't really want to be in the hardware business if I
can avoid it.

Send me email if you are interested in any of this.

Poul-Henning

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa--