Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:20:12 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        alane@geeksrus.net
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cups-1.1.15.1

AlanE wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 01:43:24AM -0400, Gerard Samuel wrote:
>

>>Just a question.
>>Is it neccessary to have cups build x11?
>>Im trying to setup a print server and I'd prefer if I dont have to
>>install x11.
>>Thanks
>>

>I'm not sure what it uses there. I'll look into it.
>

>>PS.  Please cc to me as Im not subscribed to -ports.
>>

>Then subscribe to it. If you are building ports from source, you should
>be reading this list.

Because you replied back to me, with intent that you'll look into it, I
subscribed to -ports.
Im no ports expert, but from what I saw in the Makefile, its calling on
the ghostscript-gnu port which wants to install x11.
I noticed that there is also a ghostscript-gnu-nox11 port.  Maybe a
switch at port build time to determine which way to go.
Thanks, and I hope that I will be able to play around with cups soon.

--
Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/